The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) suspended the license of three OFW recruitment firms in the Philippines last Jan 2014. The firms were suspended after they were found to send the hired OFWs or applicants to a different country where they are supposed to be deployed. According to POEA the recruitment firms will hire OFW for deployment to accredited companies and agencies in DUbai but once the OFW’s land in Dubai they will send them to Jordan.
Most of the abused OFW are working in non accredited employers. POEA has fail safes to lessen the numbers of abused OFWs some of which are
- a domestic worker should receive $400 (or its equivalent in local currency) minimum wage
- additional welfare benefits like owning a cellphone
- atleast one day off
- and other protection mechanisms.
The suspended Recruitment firms are:
- Empleos Inc.
- Nahed Int’l Manpower Services
- Ridzkey Human Resources Int’l Services
collection of placement fees are also prohibited by the POEA.
Latest posts by carlojpf (see all)
- Jeddah Philippine Passport Release June 2017 (as of June 13, 2017) - June 22, 2017
- Jeddah Philippine Passport Release May 2017 (as of May 24, 2017) - June 22, 2017
- Dubai Philippine Passport Release as of (April 2) - April 12, 2017