OEC Exemption / Exit Clearance (Overseas Employment Certificate)
POEA released memorandum circular no. 6 to further streamline the document processing of OFWs. This will also enhance the online processing of exit clearance for OFW returning to the same employer.
Who are exempted?
(conditions 1 and 2 must be both met to be get an OEC exemption)
- OFWs returning to the same employer and jobsite.
- OFWs who have an existing record in the POEA database.
Mechanics of OEC exemption
- OFWs must register online at bmonline.ph if not yet registered, before their schedules return to work.
- The OFW record must be updated online or in person at embassies or POEA offices.
- OFWs or BMs(Balik manggagawa) who are not exempted from securing an OEC will be redirected BM appointment page. Iy the OFWs or BMs are not exempted the regular OEC processing will be followed.
Who are not exempted?
- OFWs or BMs returning to a different employer and/or jobsite.
- watch listed OFWs or employers.
- OFWs returning to restricted or non compliant countries.
- Workers without POEA records / No Record Found/ Discrepancy in any record.
- undocumented workers (Tourists to OFW, Dependent to OFW, Student to OFW, etc..)
- Seabased workers who changed position to land based workers.
OFW are advised to register online before going to the airport. Those who go directly to the Bureau of Immigration will have to follow the regular processing and fall in line with no special treatment.
How to get an OEC exemption number?
- login at bmonline.ph
- for new users register first
- Enter the last issued OEC number or set a new appointment.
- update your records online
- confirm your date of return.
- confirm if you are going back to the same employer and jobsite.
- click acquire OEC exemption
- Present your valid passport with 6 months validity, Work Visa or Work Pass and OEC exemption number.
Other Proofs of Employment (If Work Visa is not available)
- Valid Employment Contract (not expired or lapsed)
- Current Employment Certificate
- Valid employment ID
- Recent Payslip (not advisable present at your own discretion)
- Valid POLO (for domestic workers only)
Latest posts by carlojpf (see all)
- Jeddah Philippine Passport Release June 2017 (as of June 13, 2017) - June 22, 2017
- Jeddah Philippine Passport Release May 2017 (as of May 24, 2017) - June 22, 2017
- Dubai Philippine Passport Release as of (April 2) - April 12, 2017