Anyone arriving in the Philippine, will be required to fill up the health declaration form. The form will be used by the Department of Health for containment if there are positive cases of MERS CoV/Ebola Virus disease. This was tweeted in the Philippine Information Agency an agency(PIA).
All travelers will have to indicate the countries they visited in the last four weeks prior to their arrival in the Philippines. They also have to indicate if they have visited any hospital, health worker or anyone working in a hospital; a zoo, animal farm or slaughter house; or if they took any kind of medication in the last four to six hours.
The health declaration form also advises the travelers what to do if they have been in a country affected by the Ebola virus. They are advised to:
- Monitor their health for at least 14 days for MERS CoV and 30 days for Ebola.
- Should they develop any signs and symptoms, they are advised to cover their mouth and nose with a piece of cloth, handkerchief or surgical mask to prevent spread infection.
The Ebola virus can only be transmitted through direct contact with blood or body fluids of an infected person.
What are body fluids?
Ebola has been detected in blood and many body fluids. Body fluids include saliva, mucus, vomit, feces, sweat, tears, breast milk, urine, and semen.
What does “direct contact” mean?
Direct contact means that body fluids (blood, saliva, mucus, vomit, urine, or feces) from an infected person (alive or dead) have touched someone’s eyes, nose, or mouth or an open cut, wound, or abrasion.
— PIA Desk (@PIADesk) November 24, 2014
sources: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/qas.html
Philippine Information Agency Twitter Account
Related articles across the web
Latest posts by carlojpf (see all)
- Jeddah Philippine Passport Release August 2017 (as of August 20) - August 23, 2017
- Jeddah Philippine Passport Release July 2017 - August 23, 2017
- Jeddah Philippine Passport Release June 2017 (as of June 13, 2017) - June 22, 2017