According to the Department of Foreign Affairs the visitors from Saudi Arabia is in an upward trend since 2009. This Philippine only had 19,101 tourists from Saudi Arabia in 2009 which translates to 1 104% growth from 2009 to 2013. The increase of tourists from Saudi Arabia is due to the promotional activities of the Department of Tourism in partnership with travel agencies based in Saudi Arabia.
Tourist Spots in the Philippines
The department of Tourism and Philippine Embassy in Riyadh joined the Riyadh Travel Fair 2013 which attracted 998 tourists. The top destinations that the Saudi national are interested to visit are as follows:
- The white beaches of Boracay
- The underground river and beaches in Palawan
- The Chocolate Hills and Panglao Island in Bohol
- The Pearl farm, Durian plantations and different sceneries in Davao
The Department of tourism has been ramping up their efforts to further boost the number of tourists from the Kingdom every year. Part of their strategy last 2013 was to tour selected Saudi travel agents in Manila, Tagaytay, Clark and Subic.
The riyadh travel fair will be held again this year from April 12 to 16 The DOT and Philippine Embassy in Riyadh will once again join the fair to attract more tourist to visit the Philippines.
Latest posts by carlojpf (see all)
- Jeddah Philippine Passport Release June 2017 (as of June 13, 2017) - June 22, 2017
- Jeddah Philippine Passport Release May 2017 (as of May 24, 2017) - June 22, 2017
- Dubai Philippine Passport Release as of (April 2) - April 12, 2017